Guide: Boarding Houses and the Law
Published on 03/04/2018
The Inner Sydney Tenants' Advice and Advocacy Service at Redfern Legal Centre has just published their updated legal guide for people living in boarding houses in NSW. The guide explains the ins and outs of the Boarding Houses Act 2012, as well as other laws that can apply to boarding houses. It covers things like:
- What places are and aren’t covered by the Boarding Houses Act
- The differences between being a tenant and a boarding house resident
- How consumer laws apply to Boarding Houses
- The Register of Boarding Houses
- The Occupancy Principles
- Taking disputes to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Sample letters and a number of useful resources and contacts.
Boarding Houses and the Law is intended to help residents navigate these issues and give them information about all of their legal options.