For information about your rights as an Aboriginal tenant, call your local Aboriginal Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service (see below), or your local general Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service.

You can also check out these factsheets, sample letters and other resources online, or the NSW Aboriginal Tenants Advice Service website at


Aboriginal Tenants Advice and Advocacy Services

Service Area covered Phone numbers
Greater Sydney Aboriginal Tenants Service Sydney, Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hawkesbury, Macarthur Phone: 02 9833 3314
Northern NSW Aboriginal Tenants Service Hunter, North Coast, New England Phone: 02 6643 4426
Free call: 1800 248 913
Newcastle: 02 4929 5004
Southern NSW Aboriginal Tenants Service – Murra Mia Illawarra, South Coast, South East, Riverina, Upper and Central Murray Phone: 02 4472 9363
Free call: 1800 672 185
Western Aboriginal Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service Central West, North West, Far West Phone: 02 6884 0969

If you are not sure which is your local service, enter your postcode, suburb or town in the 'Get advice from your local Tenant Advocate' search box below.