Cut and paste the template letter below or download a copy from the link above. Remember to substitute your details for the details contained in [square brackets].
[Team leader’s name]
Team Leader, [name of local office]
Re: Application for immediate rehousing for [name]
I am writing on behalf of [name of client]. [name of client] signed a tenancy agreement with Housing NSW at [address of premises] on [date].
On [date], [name of client] and [number, age and sex of dependant children] were forced to leave the premises because of the violence of [her/his] de-facto [name of de-facto] towards [name of client]. Since that time [name of client] has been housed in a refuge. [name of de-facto] continues to occupy the premises.
[Name of client] has obtained an apprehended violence order. A copy of this order is attached. [Name of client] urgently needs rehousing. [She/he] does not wish to return to the premises. [She/he] would like to be relocated to the [location] suburbs to be close to [her/his] relatives. As [she/he] has [number of children] [she/he] requests [number of bedrooms] bedrooms.
I attach the following documents in support of [her/his] application:
- a copy of the apprehended violence order
- a statutory declaration by [name of client], dated [date]
- a supporting document from [name of refuge], dated [date]
- a letter from Dr [name of Dr] of [address], dated [date]
- a Housing NSW Transfer Application, dated [date]
- a Housing NSW Locational Needs Assessment, dated [date]
- a Housing NSW Medical Assessment, dated [date].
I would appreciate your urgent attention to this matter. Please contact me by phone [phone number], fax [fax number] or email [email address] if you would like any further details.