Donations and membership
The Tenants’ Union has not had an ongoing funding increase in 17 years. Donations help us continue our work.
Many organisations and individuals are Tenants’ Union Ambassadors. They work and/or live in land lease communities and support the work of the Tenants’ Union. All have made a significant donation within the last year.
Another way to support the Tenants’ Union is to become a member. This enables you to have a say in the work we do through participating in governance of the organisation.
Please note that you do not need to become a member to access advice. Any resident can get free advice from your local Tenants' Advice and Advocacy Service.
Who can join the Tenants' Union?
The Tenants' Union is a membership-based co-operative. Membership is open to:
- Individual land lease community residents
- Resident organisations
Landlords and real estate agents cannot be members of the Tenants' Union.
Membership is for the current financial year (1 July – 30 June).
You will be:
- Supporting the work of the Tenants' Union in advocating for the rights of tenants and land lease community residents
- Making a positive impact on public perception of renting as a housing tenure choice
- Having a say in the work of the Tenants' Union through participating in policy discussions
- Engaging in activities to promote the rights of residents and tenants
- Getting up-to-date information on tenancy and housing issues through our free e-bulletins
- Participating in governance of the Tenants' Union through exercising your vote
- Able to stand for the Board
How to join
To apply for membership, or renew your membership, please download and complete the membership form, and send it with the appropriate fee to: Tenants' Union of NSW, 201/55 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view and print the form. Please return your completed form by mail or scan and email.