Community Housing Transfers - What's It All About? - 2 New Forums
Published on Mon, 24/04/2017 - 13:42
2 more forums are being held to discuss the community housing transfers and what it means for tenants:
Community Housing Transfers - what's it all about?
With the NSW government announcing the transfer of another 18,000 public housing properties to the community housing sector in coming years, many tenants are asking what it will mean for them and their tenure in social housing.
These forums aim to bring together agencies responsible for implementing the transfers with tenants and other stakeholders to clarify who will be impacted by these changes, when they take effect, how they will be implemented, and discuss what agencies and tenants will need to successfully navigate the process.
Want to register?
- Introduction and aims - Shelter NSW and Tenants Union NSW
- Overview of the transition community housing – who will be impacted, how it will work, timetables, etc. (presentation followed by audience Q&A) – FACS
- The tenant experience of transferring from public to community housing - Community housing tenants
- Morning tea
- Compact project overview– preliminary findings and principles to underpin effective community engagement - Shelter NSW
- Consulting with tenants: experience of community housing providers - NSW Federation of Housing Associations
- Group discussions: What information and support will tenants need to navigate the transfer process? What are the community’s expectations? What can FACS and community housing providers do to support tenants?
- Feedback from group sessions and close
You'll find the agenda times on each booking page.
Who should attend?
We strongly encourage public housing tenants, community housing providers (and potential providers), government agencies involved in the transfer, and those with an interest in consulation and social housing policy to attend.
Cost: $30 (social housing tenants are free of charge)
Registrations are essential
Sarah Wilson, Shelter NSW
02 9267 5733 ext 12